This year has been another life-changing one for me. I said that last year but it’s true this year as well. As I reflect on the events of this year I am hopeful that next year will bring more peace, joy, and happiness. I learned a lot about myself and others this year. Some good things and some bad but all of the moments had value. I am going to reflect on 5 lessons.
- Be kind to yourself and others. This is something I strive for on a daily basis. I believe that the universe is filled with energy and if you would like to get good energy and vibes from the world you must put the same energy out into the world. I have seen how this has greatly impacted my life for the better. I know with a chronic illness some days are tough but I encourage you to try this in the new year and I am sure you won’t be disappointed.
- Try new things. I tried a lot of new things and pushed myself out of my comfort zone. This was good for me. I encourage you to try new things this year and you might be surprised how many of the new things you love that may also make your life much easier.
- Find the right fit for you and nobody else. I notice that what works for me may not work for others. You are probably thinking, Duh? Am I right? I look for places that give me good vibes so I encourage you to do the same. If you have found your groove in the world in all the aspects of your life, I applaud you for that. If you are like me and have not figured that out yet I recommend that you keep searching for the things that feel right to you.
- Listen to your body. I said this last year but I think this needs to be mentioned again. I have noticed that when I spent less time thinking about what is good for my body and more time trusting that my body knows what it needs I have better days. I like to work on the basics of a happy life such as good sleep, diet and most importantly a healthy environment. This will give you a safe space so your physical, mental and emotional health can thrive.
- Worry less about the things you cannot control. This was very hard for me. I am a worrier and very opinionated. I would spend a lot more time thinking about solving other peoples problems more than my own. This created more problems than solutions. If I spend more time solving some of my problems, I feel better physically and mentally about the situation. Take the time to take of your needs more this year.
I am hopeful that next year will bring new experiences and new lessons that will help me move forward. I hope to share those ne experiences with you. Best wishes and Happy New Year! I will leave you with this quote “Tomorrow, is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one.” ― Brad Paisley
Quote from Goodreads